About Me

My photo
I married my hero June 2, 2007 and have been loving life ever since. Bo is my world and my rock, the one I can count on for anything. My husband proudly serves our country in the Army as an MP and I proudly standing by his side. Bo and I have two handsome little boys together named Karsen-2 and Mason 10m and also a beautiful step-daughter Brianna-9. I absolutely love all my kids more than words can describe. You can never know the joy that children bring until you have them. Aside from being a full-time mommy, I am in college for History with a minor in secondary education.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Sooo...for what I am picking up from my fellow wives that have deployed husbands is that going to bed is an issue. Here it is almost 1am and I am still up blogging on here instead of in my bed fast asleep. If it counts for anything I was dozing off on the couch watcing Avatar, but my oh so sweet Hubby decided to get on the computer so I have since been up talking with him. Anyways, now that he has to go back to work I am left with my second burst of energy and not tired at all. Can you feel me on this? Its not that I don't want to sleep, I desperately do since I know that Prince Mason will be up bright and early around 6am wanting to see his sweet mommy and give her hugs and kisses, but now I am not tired....hmmmm....do I get off here and lay in bed for an hour letting my mind wonder off to what Bo is doing and whether he is out on a patrol or whatever, or do I sit on the computer and browse the web and facebook til I become a zombie? I probably should get off and go to bed, I guess I'll try that when I get done.

While I am on the subject of bedtime issues, another person in my household has problems with going to sleep and that would be Prince Karsen. Before Bo left bedtime was not an issue, there was no crying, getting up a million times, and giving mommy the sadest look in the whole wide world before bed. Now, let's just say its a battle...After a seemingly forever couple months of this(during school I just gave up because it is hard enough trying to study when you have two little ones to tend to, not alone at 10pm at night after being exhausted from taking care of the kids all day) I decided that I needed to get this issue resolved before Bo and Brianna came this summer. So my wonderful friend Naomi suggested sleep training...Apparently it is where you sit in the room while they fall asleep and then gradually each night move closer to the door until you are no longer in the room with them. Tonight was my first go at this. About thirty minutes into this experiment, I was ready to give up. I didnt think it was working at all. But after some great encouragement from Mrs. Naomi, at an hour and three minutes Prince Karsen was fast asleep. Yes, this was just the first night, but I do have faith that it will get better as the days go.

0 comments: