About Me

My photo
I married my hero June 2, 2007 and have been loving life ever since. Bo is my world and my rock, the one I can count on for anything. My husband proudly serves our country in the Army as an MP and I proudly standing by his side. Bo and I have two handsome little boys together named Karsen-2 and Mason 10m and also a beautiful step-daughter Brianna-9. I absolutely love all my kids more than words can describe. You can never know the joy that children bring until you have them. Aside from being a full-time mommy, I am in college for History with a minor in secondary education.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
So now that school is out I should have no choice but to be able to blog more regularly....So here goes me trying...Today has just been one of those days. My military girls out there you know where I am coming from. Bo has been gone almost 5 months now and I have been really proud of myself for keeping it together so well. Please dont take my keeping it together as me not missing him because I do very much, but I try and pride myself when I can talk to him on the phone and think about him and not get emotional and sad. I like to think he wouldnt want to see me sad and the kids to see me like that so I try and not act like that. However, today has just been one of those days when I just cant help but be sad that he is not here right now. I am not complaining because I understand and fully support his job and the sacrifices he makes but it does make me sad that he is missing so much of Karsen and Mason's life this year while he is away.
I think what really made me think about it was when I was making the boys' Father's Day presents for him. I made each a little book that says "My daddy and me" and has 8 pages and each have a pic of the Karsen and daddy and Mason's has him and daddy. Since I am on the kick, I will just go ahead and tell what the whole book says because I think it was oh so sweet and I am proud of myself for making it...The first page says "My daddy and me are the best of friends," 2nd pg, "we love to wrestle and play around," 3rd pg, "my daddy teaches me many things," 4th pg, "one day I want to be just like him," 5th pg, "he isn't always around, sometimes he has to go away," 6th pg, "but when he is gone, a piece of him is always near," 7th pg, "my daddy is my hero, the one I look up to," 8th pg, "Happy Father's Day Daddy! I love you!
Now that I have explained the whole book lol, you can probably see why this made me tear up, I see the pics (especially of Mason-I guess cause babies change so fast) with Bo and the kids before he left and I just think about all that Mason has done since--sitting up GOOD, crawling, cruising, getting his 4 teeth, pulling himself up, saying mama and dada, clapping his hands...but that is why I take lots of pics and always tell Bo when these things happen so that atleast he knows even though he cant always see. Karsen is getting so big too with him talking so well and now potty-training(Ill blog about that later) so I really hope that Bo likes his father's day gifts from the boys. I also made handprints with their hands and am going to make cards that open up to the width of their arms that says, "I love you this much."
Anyways, back to my orginal point to this blog and how everyone has their days during deployments when it gets to you I was having one today. But you know talking about it makes it feel so much better. Honestly, something that makes me feel better(as silly as it sounds) is looking at my tattoo about Bo. I dont know why, maybe the meaning behind it and what it means to me but it comforts me. I ll attach a pic for those of you who havent seen it yet. Anyways, that is all for now...Have a good night!

0 comments: