About Me

My photo
I married my hero June 2, 2007 and have been loving life ever since. Bo is my world and my rock, the one I can count on for anything. My husband proudly serves our country in the Army as an MP and I proudly standing by his side. Bo and I have two handsome little boys together named Karsen-2 and Mason 10m and also a beautiful step-daughter Brianna-9. I absolutely love all my kids more than words can describe. You can never know the joy that children bring until you have them. Aside from being a full-time mommy, I am in college for History with a minor in secondary education.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Now for my promised blog on my adventures of potty-training with Karsen. So I have tried the potty-training several times in the past, once when he was like 18m(crazy, I know) then again when he turned 2, and now that he is almost 2 and a half. Everyone always tell me that you'll know when they are ready, of course I didn't listen to them because I thought that if I worked hard enough at it I could make it happen. Well, I am big enough to admit I was wrong because this try at potty-training has gone sooo much better than the attempts in the past.
So Saturday was the last day Karsen wore diapers. Yes, we have several accidents each day until yesterday, but at least he was getting the concept and telling me he had to pee and then going to the potty. As each day has progressed he has had fewer and fewer accidents...AND...yesterday was accident free for my big boy!!! I hope that you can feel my excitement! My goal was to have him potty-trained before Bo came home for R&R so I am sooo proud of myself. So now he is in underwear all the time(with the exception of bedtime-we have a pull-up for then-I hear that that sometimes takes a little longer the younger the child) and he even poops in the potty(Whoo-Hoo!!) It is nice to only have to change one little prince's dirty diaper than two!
So Karsen's reward for being such a big boy and going pee-pee in the potty...some smashing new underwear(Camo like daddy and hopefully some McQueen undies when I can find some in his size) I must say that I am really proud of Karsen and also proud of myself for sticking through with potty-training this time. Now...my next feat will be to convince Karsen to go pee in a public potty...wish me luck with that one.

Oh I just want to add...I must say, little boy's underwear is perhaps the cutest things I have ever seen=)

0 comments: