About Me

My photo
I married my hero June 2, 2007 and have been loving life ever since. Bo is my world and my rock, the one I can count on for anything. My husband proudly serves our country in the Army as an MP and I proudly standing by his side. Bo and I have two handsome little boys together named Karsen-2 and Mason 10m and also a beautiful step-daughter Brianna-9. I absolutely love all my kids more than words can describe. You can never know the joy that children bring until you have them. Aside from being a full-time mommy, I am in college for History with a minor in secondary education.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Sooo...my friend Christina over at Married to a Sailor: The Journey of a Navy Wife is having a contest called 'While you're Away" wanting us to list our top 5 songs while our sweeties are gone. http://thejourneyofanavywife.blogspot.com/2010/06/while-youre-away-contest-150-followers.html
These songs really mean a lot to me and help me through this deployment so please read them and don't forget to vote for me! =)

#1: God Gave Me You- Dave Barnes: For some reason, a good one I think, ever since Bo left I have been on a Christian music kick. I mean its pretty much all that I listen to with the exception of the other songs listed below. "God Gave Me You" is about his love for his wife(so I just reversed it) and it really tells a good message about through the ups and down and tough periods(deployments) and that no matter what God gave your loved one to you. I always think about how blessed I am that God gave me Bo and that is special to me. Also, for like the past week EVERYTIME I get in the car, this song plays. It makes me cry(in a good way) because its like God knew I needed to hear this song.

#2: Smile-Uncle Kracker: This song always made Bo and I laugh and *smile* at each other when we hear it. in the car. When he left we loaded it on his Ipod and he promised to listen to it every night. I put it on my Ipod too and listen to it all the time and think about him smiling at me. When I am having a rough day, this is definitely a song that I have to listen to multiple times.

#3: Together-Michelle Branch: The first part of this song is my favorite, where it talks about how it doesn't matter how many miles apart we are our love is still strong and all I see is you and me. This song just makes me think about all the fun times we have had together and how I am looking forward to making millions more when he gets back home. "We belong together like the morning stars and midnight" =) This is just such a perfect song to describe our love. Ah.. can't wait for him to be home!!

#4: She's Everything-Brad Paisley: Obviously this is a song that Bo says reminds him of me. He used to play this song all the time when we were dating and would point out that I had yellow running shoes, said cuss words when it came to money and that I was his unborn children's mother. It was so cute=) So now I listen to it for comfort, when I'm not able to talk to him, its like its him saying it to me. Gets me every time.

#5: Praise You In This Storm-Casting Crowns: This song doesn't necessarily represent Bo and I as a couple, but when I first hear this song the first thought that ran through my mind was where Bo was at and how the war that he is apart of is like the "storm" in the song and with all that is going on around him he can still praise God and that God is with him and watching over him. The first time I heard this song, I think I replayed it like 10 times and then bought the ringtone for it for when Bo called. This song brings me comfort and reassurance. Comfort and reassurance because I know that God is with Bo while he is in harms way.
I love you sweetie! Can't wait to see you soon!!!!

2 comments:

Brittany Sommer said...

I love your list so much!

Christina said...

God Gave Me You- Dave Barnes: Very Pretty song. I had never heard it until you posted it. It is now on my playlist.

Smile-Uncle Kracker: I think this song can make anyone smile really.. Uncle Kracker has that effect anyway on me..

Together-Michelle Branch:"It doesn't matter how far apart we are now
You can add up all the miles in between
If you take a good look all around now
All you see is you and me"
^^ Love that!

She's Everything-Brad Paisley: I love Braid Paisley. He's such a talented musician. If only Nick liked Country a little bit more!

Praise You In This Storm-Casting Crowns: Is a very pretty song. I really enjoy Casting Crowns. He has a unique voice, it's calming... and uplifting.